Basic Coordinates and Seasons Lab
The NAAP Basic Coordinates and Seasons Lab covers three different, but related areas. Terrestrial coordinates and the celestial equatorial coordinate system are covered and are used to explore the motion of the sun and how it relates to seasons.
First time users of NAAP materials should read the NAAP Labs – General Overview page.
Details and resources for this lab – including demonstration guides, in-class worksheets, and technical documents – can be found on the instructor's page. Some resources are not available for all modules.
- Units of longitude and latitude
- Finding longitude and latitude
- A bit of history (optional)
- Terrestrial Coordinate Explorers
(Flat Map Explorer [swf] and Globe Explorer [swf])
Celestial Equatorial Coordinates
- Celestial Equator, Declination, Right Ascension
- Celestial Equatorial Coordinate Explorers
(Flat Sky Map Explorer [swf] and Sky Map Explorer [swf])