The Rotating Sky Lab — Instructor Resources
The NAAP Rotating Sky Lab pedagogical objectives are aimed increasing an understanding the horizon coordinate system and how the observer relates to the celestial equatorial coordinate system – that this relationship is primarily governed by the rotation of the earth.
- Classroom Demonstration Guide: PDF version, MS Word version
- Student Guide: PDF version, MS Word version
- Old Student Guide (replaced 2/10): PDF version, MS Word version
- Old Student Guide (replaced 9/09): PDF version, MS Word version
- Assessment Pretest: PDF version, MS Word version
- Assessment Posttest: PDF version, MS Word version
The module is designed to closely follow the Basic Coordinates & Seasons Lab. The Motions of the Sun Lab is an excellent follow-up module. Generally, this module fits into the segment of a course which covers coordinates or basic observations.
- The earth isn't perfectly round. This slightly modifies the mapping of horizon coordinates to the celestial sphere for a particular latitude.