Spectroscopic Parallax Simulator
Demonstrates how the technique of spectroscopic parallax works. Spectral type and luminosity class determine the observed spectrum of a star, from which the star's luminosity can be estimated.
Running this animation on your computer...
- right-click to download spectroparallax.swf and spectroparallax.html to the same directory
- open the html file in a browser to run the animation
Linking to this animation...
- copy and paste the code below into your webpage or blog:
Putting this animation on your website...
- upload spectroparallax.swf to the same directory as your webpage
- copy and paste the following code into your webpage: