Heliacal Rising Simulator
Demonstrates how the day of the year when a star is first visible in the morning (the heliacal rising) depends on the observer's latitude and the star's position on the celestial sphere.
Running this animation on your computer...
- right-click to download heliacalrisingsim.swf and heliacalrisingsim.html to the same directory
- open the html file in a browser to run the animation
Linking to this animation...
- copy and paste the code below into your webpage or blog:
Putting this animation on your website...
- upload heliacalrisingsim.swf to the same directory as your webpage
- copy and paste the following code into your webpage: